How to Fix Outlook Password Prompt Issue? Outlook keeps prompting for a password
You cannot work with mails, as Outlook keeps prompting for a password? Don’t worry! This blog will show you the working methods to resolve the issue when you cannot open the Outlook window. This error can also occur due to Outlook Rule not working.
Working on Outlook can be a frustrating task when the app keeps on asking for a password. Despite adding the password, if the error persists, then it can severely affect your Outlook workflow. The issue causing Outlook trouble can be:
- Account Settings
- Outdated application
- Antivirus and any third party application interferences
- Corrupt Outlook Profile
- Incorrect Password Login
We cannot assume a single factor to be the culprit. So, you can seek resolve on a hit and trial basis.
Are you a business person, know and download Quickbook free, and helps you to manage your business.
Let us begin the trial methods to resolve Outlook password prompt issues.
Trial Methods to Resolve Outlook keep prompting for password error
1) Hit Rebooting the System
It is a foremost common step that you can use to fix the Outlook Password Prompt. With a System Reboot, you will reactivate the Outlook registry files settings by reloading it along with all the software on the system. Although it is a common step, sometimes it can fix your Outlook problems, so give it a try.
2)Check for credentials prompt activeness
Outlook needs Password issue can get triggered as the outcome of a setting enabled by you earlier, which is the User identification setting. If it is set on, then there is always a prompt for the login credentials in Outlook for security purposes. So, you can check it yourself and make the changes as:
- Begin the Outlook application and go to File>Info>Account Settings>Account Settings.
- Here, choose the added Exchange account and tick on the Change option. Here, first, you need to verify if the Remember password option is selected under the Logon information section.
- Next, click on the More Settings option on the bottom right side.
- Pull out the Security tab and unselect the checkbox (Always prompt for login credentials) under the User identification option (if selected).
Alert! Also, Test the Logon network security selection, it must be Anonymous Authentication on the same Security tab on the settings page.
- Lastly, restart the Outlook application and analyze if the Outlook keeps prompting for password halts you again.
This method workarounds only if you had enabled the option of Always prompt for login credentials. Else, you can seek another solution to fix the “Outlook not accepting Password“ Issue.
3)Modify Outlook Login Settings
Credentials Manager maintains all the credentials for different software and applications installed on the system. Now, you can clear off the cached passwords to resolve the Outlook password prompt issue as:
- Close off the Outlook application and open the Control Panel of the system.
- Make a tick on the User’s Accounts option. Then, choose the left panel, click on the Manage your credentials option.
- Proceed to the Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials one-by-one; select the credentials related to Outlook, Lync, Microsoft, Office 365, and click on the Details option.
- Finally, choose the Remove from Vault option to clear the selected cached passwords.
After you’ve finished, you can start the Outlook application and see if the Outlook keeps prompting for a password still exists.
4)Keep watch for updated Outlook application
If the Updated application is not available, then this kind of issue can happen as it has no hand on all the new updated features. So, check for your Outlook application is updated or not by performing these steps.
- Load the Outlook application. Approach the File>Office Account. Pick the Update options.
- Now, Hit on the Update now option. It will give either of the two results – the application is up-to-date or updating to the latest version.
- Let the updates get complete for the second outcome and then check for the final results. By working on the Outlook application.
5)Turn off Antivirus temporarily
The third-party based programs or software added for virus protection can hinder other applications working. So, one thing you can try is to turn off or disable antivirus and then work on Outlook. Hopefully, Outlook keeps prompting for a password, has ceased to exist.
6)Make a new Outlook Profile
A damaged or corrupt Outlook profile can result in different Outlook errors like this. So, let us create a new Outlook profile to solve it with these steps:
- Firstly, make sure the Outlook application is closed. Now, go to the Control Panel and click on the Mail option.
- Next, on the Mail Setup page, choose the Show Profiles option.
- As the mail dialog opens, Select Outlook and then click on the Add option.
- Add a name to the new profile with a click on OK.
- On Auto Account Set up a page, provide user login credentials, and click on Next.
- It will start connecting to the added address and, after some time, display a message that the account is successfully set up.
- After that, click on Finish.
A new profile gets created that you can set as default and make in use. The login from the new Outlook profile may solve the password prompt issue.
There are chances that the issue Outlook password prompt gets fixed with any of these methods. But, in case the trouble has not gone! Then you can opt for a more quick approach with the Outlook Email Recovery tool. This tool is an instant and trustworthy resolution for all Outlook errors. Obtain it to get the recovery of your encrypted Outlook data files and without any file size restrictions.
Working with Outlook keeps prompting for a password can be troublesome. So, we have shared with you manual tricks to help resolve this issue. But, for a more speedy Outlook corruption fix, always use the reliable Cigati Outlook Email Recovery.